The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

April 18, 2008

Wikipedia entries

I looked on Wikipedia to see the entries of our beloved high schools. This was prompted by a conversation about pro-hockey in which someone asked me if the Wild were an expansion team or a team that relocated. I then searched Wikipedia for the Blake parent who bought the Winnipeg Jets yadda yadda yadda I ended up searching all of our high schools. I don't know why I thought this was so funny. Just click through and see which entry is lacking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anoka_High_School

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blake_School

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopkins_High_School

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orono_High_School

I don't know why I thought it was funny, nor do I think it reflects on any of us (because we all know I should be enrolled in Washburn's remedial English classes) . It just made me laugh. I will say this I thought my school would have better alumni.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

"The Blake School of Excellence" sounds awesome.

Loved this under notable alumni -

"Mark Tremblay. Class of 2007, most narrow-minded human being in the world."

Ah the magic of Wikipedia.

April 18, 2008 at 10:13 AM

 
Blogger BG said...

Good find RTS...very enjoyable exercise.

C'mon MCA!! As former class president (right?) and valedictorian, I think you owe it to your alma mater to get a wikipedia entry up! In addition, Jan is married to an Orono grad. Unacceptable.

Blake's notable alumni are definitely more academic and political, whereas Hopkins' are either in the media (Nate Berkus - Oprah's gay fashion guru, Samantha Harris - formerly Shapiro, who was in my class) or athletes (Snuggerud, Hoffarber). Not sure what that says about us ruffians.

LH, didn't know Garrison Keillor went to Anoka. Nice.

April 18, 2008 at 12:45 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

Nice. I think OHS is going the Pine Valley route. You know, consistently ranked the top golf course in the world, but intentionally shrouded in mystery and secretive and no one's actually played it.

Either that or we're just embarrassed that our only famous alum is Katherine McKinnon. At least that I know of. I'm sure there's someone else, probably more contemporary with me, but I don't know who they are or what they do. No professional athletes that I'm aware of.

The fact that Keillor and Michelle Bachman graduated from the same high school might be one of the signs of the apocalypse.

April 18, 2008 at 1:11 PM

 
Blogger LH said...

I had no idea who Samantha Harris was, but after googling her, I think I might start watching Dancing with the Stars... nice work BG, something to be proud of. On the other hand, JS, having the most narrow-minded human being in the world as an alumni isn't anything to sneeze at either...

April 19, 2008 at 7:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home