The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

April 9, 2008

Purple make it official - Let the Ferrotte Era Mark 2 Begin

The Vikes signed the 36 year old Gus Ferrotte to a two-year, $3.75 million contract to serve as mentor and backup to T-Jac. This is Gus' second stint with the team. He started 2 games in 2003 with a passer rating of 118 with 7 tuddies and 2 ints. Guess I'm not surprised. They tried to get Sage Rosenfels but couldn't lure him away. At this point, T-Jac is our man. In my book, having a serviceable backup in the NFL is a must considering how important the position is to a team. I don't think there was ever a chance of getting McNabb and I don't know who else is available. I'm sure that Pep, acting as his own agent, could have made a deal to get out of Oakland and return to the Great White North but his small hands, terrible accuracy, and always putting the ball on the ground via the fumblerooskie (that he neglected to tell his teammates he was running) would be a minus in my book.

Do you think anyone outside of the Ferrotte family owns a Ferrotte jersey? Where is Drew Bledsoe these days.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I guess for a backup Qb with experience your choices are either:

A) A supervet: Vinny, Bledsoe Ferotte, Brunell...

or

B) The recently given up on: Leftwich, Harrington, Pennington, Carr...

I guess I like the Supervet with mentor capabilities better than the guy who just got ousted and hopes to play again.

April 9, 2008 at 2:28 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

No real comment here, other than that I think it's "Frerotte," not "Ferrotte." Since I have no doubt he'll actually play at some point this year due to injury or ineffectiveness or blowout, I figured we should settle that one early.

April 10, 2008 at 9:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home