The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

December 17, 2007

Death Penalty- by state

I don't want to get into a death penalty debate. Far too deep and depressing for me on a game day. However, this map on CNN detailing what is available in each state is pretty interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/17/death.penalty/index.html#cnnSTCOther1

If I ever put myself in this situation and have to choose, here are my rankings:

1. Firing Squad- Manly and I would think the least painful, like a band aid.
2. Hanging, I wonder if it is like the old west where you have to tip the extra cash so that the noose breaks the neck instead of strangulation.
3. Gas Chamber- best of the rest.
4. Lethal injection- too much of an unknown.
5. Electric chair- Old sparky scares the crap out of me.

In Utah you can only choose firing squad if sentenced before a certain date and the same thing in Arkansas for electrocution. Talk about red tape.

2 Comments:

Blogger BG said...

RTS,
Great find. Very fascinating chart...and it reads like a presidential election map.

BG

December 17, 2007 at 7:41 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

What I find interesting is that when you are sentenced to death you have all your rights taken away from you yet in some states you get to decide how you are going to die. Irony or a kick in the nuts?

December 28, 2007 at 11:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home