The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

December 4, 2007

RTS responds to allegations

I will admit that I have deleted responses as MCA alleged. It was never for content and only for grammar and spelling mistakes. I don't think on the responses screen there is a spell check. While my English skills are poor, my proof reading skills are even worse. However, if I do not have a response anywhere near the deleted post then it was not me.

Onto the Twins...I think I like the Yankees offer more than BoSox. I like Hughes being the main cog in the deal more Ellsbury or Lester. Granted my opinion is the based on the same mentality that I used to trade baseball cards with, which was hunches, conditions of cards, brands and who Bill Nielson's older brother, Jack, liked.

Onto the FFL...This forum makes up half of the playoff teams and only 1/4 of the teams out of the playoffs. It must suck to be that lone member out of the playoffs. However, I am guessing I will be all done after next week as well.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Chuck, I will leave the FFL comment alone. As a two time champion I am bigger than that, comes with the territory of being the best.

As for the Twins, this is all smoke and mirrors by the Red Sox and Yankees that they are going to pull deals off the table, right? Hate to get nothing for Johan too. I'm just sayin'.

December 4, 2007 at 9:15 AM

 
Blogger MCA said...

I'm with Joe Christiansen - I don't believe the BoSox have ever really been that serious; they just wanted to raise the price the Yankees had to pay. I also don't believe the Yankees are really gone yet. Especially once they find out Oakland wants the same package of Hughes, Cabrera and prospect for Dan Haren.

That poll on the front page is garbage. Who eats any of those? Those aren't pies, they're whipped cream with a crust. Cherry would be my first choice, followed by apple, blueberry, and peach. Per's favorite is humble. Nice 8 losses in a row to finish. Some champion.

Chuck, don't worry, if I didn't have the FFL bye I'd be in more trouble than you. I'll have the services of exactly 2 of my top 6 draftees for the playoffs, and Brady's looking a lot more earthbound at exactly the wrong time. I won't score 100 again.

Still would have beaten Per last week, though.

December 4, 2007 at 10:36 AM

 
Blogger MCA said...

OK, maybe they are serious. http://www.startribune.com/blogs/neal/

Notice that name "Coco Crisp." I believe I've made my feelings known on the subject of getting suckered into taking said player as part of a package for Johan.

December 4, 2007 at 10:42 AM

 
Blogger BG said...

I much prefer trading with the Yankees. Lester sounds like a nice pitcher, but Hughes is supposedly the real deal. Agree with Alshouse on taking a guy with a cereal for a name.

As for FFL, looks like I'll play Shaffer next week in the playoffs...and LdT is getting hot at the right time for him, which is bad news for me. Also, Favre decided to get hurt just in time for my playoff push.

December 4, 2007 at 11:36 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Alshouse, those pies you mentioned you would want are about as exciting as you are. Oh, and your jealousy over my FFL wins isn't very flattering, you might want to tone it down, getting to be sad really.

Back to the point of this thread, yeah, read Coco's name has been dropped in conjunction with the Red Sox, can we not do that please?

December 4, 2007 at 12:45 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

MCA, you have already won back your money, so you can't eb in that much trouble. Unless you play this thing for pride? Prdie is good. Have I ever mentioned I have made the playoffs 6 straight years, have 1 title, 1 runner up trophy and 2 division titles?

December 4, 2007 at 2:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home