The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

September 14, 2011

Gamblor week 3: The sequel to the sequel!



It is no secret that Gamblor loves favorites. This week is an anomaly, chalk full of dogs at least by Gamblor standards.

$100 (Friday) Boise St -20 @ Toledo. Let's see, Toledo played a heck of a game vs OSU. Boise has been off 2 weeks since trouncing Georgia. I think Boise whips Toledo and circular logic will be used all season to promote Boise. Sounds like a good story to me.

$50 Oklahoma -3 @FSU. I will be at this game with my neighbor who was born and raised in Tallahassee and is a huge FSU fan. We have been to 5 FSU games together. FSU has only won once. The jinx continues. The lock of the week, sometime after the game we will be eating Whataburger. This place make Hardees look healthy.

$50 Ohio St +3 @ Miami. I like the Buckeyes to bounce back after a poor showing. It would help my Boise theory too.

$50 OK St -13 @ Tulsa. What kind of bone is OK ST throwing Tulsa to play this game at Tulsa? I think OK ST looks pretty freakin' good right now.

$50 Stanford -9 1/2 @ Arizona. Stanford just does not seem to play a lot of close games. I like them by a couple of scores.

$25 (Friday) Iowa State +4 @ UConn. Iowa State QB Steele Jantz beat some respect into me last week. This is a bet on Steele Jantz.

$25 Auburn +3 @ Clemson. Clemson is like BYU, I never win a game when they are involved. I should lay off, but I like getting the points. Auburn beat a very good Miss St team last week. I am willing to dismiss their week one performance against Utah St.

First 2 out:

BC -7 vs Duke. Two 0-2 teams having it out. BC's strength is supposed to be their D and Dukes weakness is supposed to be theirs. I think BC wins a rather unexciting game by 10.

Michigan State +4 1/2 vs Notre Dame. FOB PW likes ND. Imagine him placing this bet with a legal sports book. Who do you think winds up with the cash? Just sayin'.

Just a comment:
Miami Ohio +5 @ Minnesota. This looks like it has win one for the Gipper priced into it.

1 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

The lock of the week came in. We were at Whataburger at 12:07 AM Sunday morning.

September 19, 2011 at 7:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home