The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

August 25, 2011

Just a thought

Brett Favre has the longest consecutive start streak for a QB, 297 straight games. Peyton Manning is second with 208. It appears that Manning's streak is in jeopardy due to his recovery from neck surgery. I think Brett Favre deserves a little payback for taking a dive in the final moments of the last game of the season giving Michael Strahan a free sack which broke Mark Gastineau's single season sack record. It is my belief that the Colts should start Manning regardless of his health to continue his streak. They should run the first play from shotgun, hand the ball off and then pull Manning for the rest of the game. The streak would remain intact and Brett Favre and his incredible ego could do nothing but steam about it.

4 Comments:

Blogger MCA said...

I love this idea.

Practically, I guess I'm not sure how confident I am that Manning's actually going to play another 6 seasons to get there in the first place. I know he just re-signed or restructured his contract, and probably for that long, but I sort of think he'll retire after another 3 seasons or so unless it looks like Indy will be good enough to make another Super Bowl run. But maybe they could just sign him to another contract that pays him $10/year to come take that first snap every game until he's 50. Every once in a while they'd need to have him throw it downfield just to keep defenses honest.

August 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM

 
Blogger BG said...

I, too, love this idea. The fact that Favre was selling memorabilia about the streak the very night he was injured was the last straw (that, and the pick vs. New Orleans).

August 25, 2011 at 3:42 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

I'd bet that Brett Favre has metaphorically handed out more "last straws" than any man alive not named Qaddafi.

August 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Good idea. I also think Manning should do Wrangler commercials that are funny. I mean this is awesome: http://www.hulu.com/watch/1603/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-united-way

August 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home