The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

July 17, 2011

Cleveland Steamer

Well, Royals series down, 3-1, not bad, thought we'd lose one to them. Thanks for nothing, Matt Capps, now go get your fucking shine box (1:38)

Up now - Cleveland. When I say it's hot here, I mean it's hot (like when Chris Tucker use to be funny) It ain't the heat, it's the, yes, humidity. Remember in cartoons when they would cut out doughnuts from clouds of steam and eat them? People are doing that. But I digress. I like that the Tribe is a bit on the schnide (who knew, the O's.) They, however, are a young team that may not know any better and could cut off our nards this week but as I said to BG, I like us.

4 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Matt Capps has 7 blown saves. From what I could find easily on the web it looks like Nathan had 2 in 2006 (36 of 38), 4 in 2007 (37 of 41) and 6 in 2008 (39 of 45). I could not find 2009. Those are season stats. I think it is reasonable to say if we had anyone who could pitch the ninth, the Twins could easily be 3 games ahead of where they are in the standings. Matt Capps is my vote for LVP.

July 18, 2011 at 10:00 AM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I have no hate for Capps. Clearly the guy has lost his mojo. In a 4-0 no pressure game he can't even avoid giving up the dinger. I would imagine the last place he wants to be is on the mound right now.

July 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

RTS - you give the guy the LVP and then say you don't hate, what gives? My opinion is he should be taken behind a shed somewhere. THink if he had only blown 4 saves?

July 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I pity the guy. I don't think he has the skillz to pay the billz. He keeps getting trotted out there to do his best Charlie Brown routine on the mound. I think it is over for him. I think his mind is fried and he is done. If he was a race horse his next stop would be a slaughter house in Mexico or Argentina. The big difference is that horse meat is lean and Matt Capps is not.

After the stinkers yesterday it may not matter as we just lost all the ground we gained in the previous week in one day.

July 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home