The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

May 10, 2010

Note to Ray Edwards: Tread lightly, my good man.

So as I read this I was reminded me of a George Carlin joke: "what do they call the guy who finishes last in medical school . . . . doctor." I get it that Ray Edwards dominated a few games last year. I also get the fact that he played with Jared Allen and the Williams Wall (2 of 3 of those are pro bowlers) and the 10th overall defense. I'm not saying he is being a baby, well, maybe I am saying that. I also feel like Ray might need some extra motivation to keep him focused, can't say I disagree with the Vikes front office on this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger BG said...

Yeah...Ray Edwards is a nice Defensive End, but until the Dallas playoff game, I don't think most fans noticed a difference when he was out of the game and Robison was in there. Much like David Ortiz is kinda sucky without Manny or Jason Bay behind him in the lineup, Edwards might be a tad less effective without the other 3/4ths of our D-line.

Looks like the MN faithful got a little taste of nasty weather over the weekend at Target Field. I loved the Hawk video, but I was fixated on how miserable it must have been sitting in the rain. I'd do it, though...don't get me wrong!

May 10, 2010 at 6:11 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 11, 2010 at 10:12 AM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

"Raaaay Edwards, I heard of you. I heard you were dead!"- the Duke of New York. Nevermind that was Snake Plisken he was talking about.

May 11, 2010 at 10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home