The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

June 18, 2008

NBA Mock Draft- #3 pick OJ Mayo

I am sure I don't need to go over my lack of credentials when it comes to basketball. I think I do know something about the Vikings though. The comments of "does not fit a need but is the best player on the board" screams Denny Green era draft day justifications.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080617


I am trolling here for a response from LH and his thoughts.

3 Comments:

Blogger LH said...

How come having the 3rd pick in this years draft feels like being the second substitute body paint artist for a Marisa Miller SI shoot....it's nice to say you were close, but does it really get you anything? (terrible analogy I know, but in between timeouts of the Lakers destruction last night, I was flipping thru channels and found that MTV was airing Maxim's Top 100 Women last night -Ms. Miller was #1.

At least this is what the press is making everyone believe. I think the Wolves are in a tough spot, there is nobody that they really excited about at the 3rd pick, so they probably would prefer to move down to 7 or so and get another pick in return, but it doesn't appear to be anyone out there who is really excited to move up... my guess is that they stay at 3 and go with Mayo- even though need wise this doesn't make sense. I think 3 is too high for Lopez- and the Wolves are probably very wary right now of picking an unathletic 7ft center that high...given their history with Longley, Spencer, Rasho, and Paul Grant.

I would trade it if possible. The two most glaring needs the wolves have is a big-body center who is a strong defender and a true point guard. Clearly Mgmt thinks that Foye can still become the point guard that we need, so they should focus on the Big Man in the middle. This would allow Big Al to move to the 4 and make up for some of his obvious short comings on the defensive side of the ball.

June 18, 2008 at 3:10 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

LH - If we take Mayo or Beasley, when do we win a championship?

June 19, 2008 at 10:32 AM

 
Blogger LH said...

I like 2012.. it has a nice ring to it (but I don't see how we end up with Beasly)

June 19, 2008 at 1:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home