The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

June 10, 2008

You say it's your (my) birthday

Yes, June 10th, what a glorious day. Turned 34 today (6:59am EST to be exact.) MCA, I think you have already hit the 34 year mark and BG and RTS are only a few weeks away (proving Gemini's are the B-E-S-T . . .Best!) LH, you might be in November but I can't remember (hey, that rhymes)

Considering my day at work is looking increasingly bleak I am going to try to remember that this is my day. Tonight, I am going to bury a 'time capsule' in my yard that I will open next year on my birthday (yeah, not much 'time' in my capsule but it's my concept so I can do what I want.)

Few items I think I am going to contribute, please feel free to add others:

1. Newspaper clipping from Strib sports quoting Jared Allen that anything other than the Superbowl is a disappointment

2. AL Central standings as of June 10th, 2008

3. A gallon of gasoline purchased this morning for $4.09 (maybe I'll just bury the receipt)

4. A lock of my own hair (the brown part, not the gray part.)

6 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

How about some rhetoric from the political pundits about what the world will look like depending on which candidate is elected. CNBC won't flat out say they are for McCain, but they back hand Obama all the time.

June 10, 2008 at 10:27 AM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I found a good one, revisit this in a year:

Williamson catching everything:
The News-
Troy Williamson is know for his stone hands, but so far in minicamps he has been catching everything in sight. "We heard through the offseason he was a little suspect with his hands," quarterback David Garrard said in the Florida Times-Union. "He really hasn't been this whole camp; he's catching everything."

June 10, 2008 at 12:55 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

jan, just like you to toot your own birthday horn, rendering my efforts to have you entered in my "birthday alert" database moot.

June 10, 2008 at 6:36 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Few notes -

MCA thanks for the VM. BTW - I don't ignore your calls, just don't always have my phone on me. Appreciate the well wishes.

BG - thanks for the text. Happy early b-day to you (like the 22nd right? Or is RTS the 22nd and you're the 24th?)

RTS - Thanks for the time capsule ideas. Happy early b-day to you (like the 24th right? Or is BG the 24th and you're the 22nd?)

So an intern just started here on Monday. Walked to lunch with him today. He is an undergrad student at Denver. He graduated high school in 2004. Wow, feel old. However he did go to Hopkins and was obviously there during the Hoffarber days.

June 11, 2008 at 12:18 PM

 
Blogger BG said...

June 27th for me...Can't wait...sort of.

June 11, 2008 at 2:37 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

6/24 and BG and I are Cancers not gemini.

I hope you did not wish for Baker to pitch a really strong game. If you did you got what you wished for, it just did not turn into a W.

Instead of checking Twinkie scores last night I got caught up watching Nova on GPB about the Kitzmiller vs Dover Area School district. Pretty fascinating stuff as the creationists got their a$$ handed to them in court. The prosecution discovered the point in which creationism became relabeled intelligent design. At the center of a the debate was a "text book" Of Pandas and People. I checked out the wikipedia entry on this book and it seemed pretty accurate with what was presented in the documentary. If you are ever slow at work, it is pretty crazy stuff. Crazy is the right word for it. I kept laughing to myself that our President endorsed this crap.

June 11, 2008 at 3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home