The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

February 26, 2008

Oven Mits we hardly knew you

Vikings: Jaguars to acquire Williamson
The NewsUpdating a previous report, it seems almost certain that Troy Williamson will be traded to the Jaguars, this according to a report on the Pioneer Press. The trade cannot be announced until Thursday, at which time they Vikings will announce that they have shipped out Williamson for a pick on the second day of the NFL Draft, according to the report.
Our ViewPlayers with the physical gifts that Williamson possesses often find themselves given many chances in the NFL, though this might be Troy's last chance if he can't turn things around in 2008.

3 Comments:

Blogger MCA said...

Re: our WR situation, word around here is that the Vikes are going pretty seriously after Bernard Berrian, who turned down the initial offer he got from the Bears.

February 28, 2008 at 3:07 PM

 
Blogger BG said...

Dude, I would love to have Berrian. Oven-mitts makes Berrian look like Jerry Rice in comparison.

I still can't believe we picked oven-mitts SEVENTH overall.

February 28, 2008 at 3:49 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

T-Will is the exact reason I am going to force my kids to play sports and only concentrate on athletics. T-Will was fast and that was about it, so I figure if I can get Per Jr. to be a sprinter he can be drafted 7th overall and then to play WR for the Vikes and buy his old man a new boat. I've never owned one, know next to nothing about boating (except where to sit) but it seems like something Per Jr. should shoot for so he could say in his press conference after getting a $15M signing bonus "Now I can buy my dad that boat he always wanted. I love you dad."

February 28, 2008 at 6:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home