The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

February 14, 2008

Open Letter to the U.S. Congress

Dear Congresspersons,

Thank you for taking time out of your crazy-hectic days to ask Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite whether or not they took illegal substances to boost their performance playing baseball, or beisbol if you prefer. Also, and I know this is a late in coming, but thank you for previously taking time to ask Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro, Sammy Sosa, Jose Canseco, Jason Giambi, and what I'm guessing are multiple others, if they too, took performance enhancing drugs to boost their performance and or increase the longevity of their respective careers.

While at first I thought it strange that you septegenrians would take on such a topic, the insight that you have discovered from countless hours of questioning, certainly have put an end to any questions of relevance that I had. To think, all I thought you guys, and one or two gals, did up there was to create legislation in order for our federal government to function. To me, this seems like at least a 40 hour a week job. But you so selflessly have found the time- probably even forced to miss a few Murder She Wrote reruns- to take on this issue which, as you know, is currently one of the most pressing issues facing our nation. In matter of importance, I put this issue, right after the war we're currently waging in Iraq, the war we're currently waging in Afghanistan, the national economy- especially given the current state of affairs in the credit markets, unemployment, global warming, homelessness, illegal immigration, saving social security, access to health insurance, the national infrastructure- including roads and bridges, crime and incarceration, stem-cell research, lowering our consumption and dependence on fossil fuels, developing alternative sources of energy, improving the education system... ...(musical interlude)... .... increasing the speed limit on Sepulveda Ave by my house, and right BEFORE finding out what you get when you put the lime in the coconut.

So with that, once again, I thank you congresspersons...I'll be rewarding you this November.

5 Comments:

Blogger LH said...

MCA-

I was inspired by your comment on the previous post...but I was so f__ pissed at these guys as I was listening to them on the radio this morning, that I had to get something out....it was either post a blog or sell all my belongings, change my name to Freedom, and move to Alaska and live off of the land...I'm still not sure I made the right choice.

February 14, 2008 at 4:29 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

We should take a page from Harrison Ford and move our families to "Mosquito Coast"; just have to look at a map and find out where that is exactly.

February 15, 2008 at 9:05 AM

 
Blogger MCA said...

lh, tremendous work. I'm proud that my self-righteous venom spawned such an inspired post.

When the time comes, our clan will be heading for Argentina. So far as I can tell, that's the only civilized place on Earth where the U.S. Dollar is still worth something.

February 15, 2008 at 10:30 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

MCA - Argentina is a great call. Visited with Sarah and have to say that Buenos Aires is like Madrid or Barcelona and your dollar goes really far. Let me know when the Alshouse clan plans on moving, we'll go too and can be neighbors and raise our children to be Boca fans; they actually win championships.

Your rant is why this blog exists in the first place. We need more of them. I plan on ranting against Paul Douglas and the WCCO "weather team" not only because they are wrong all the time but because they are so smug in their little 'weather center' with their 'doppler radar' showing me low pressure systems and zonal flows from the Artic playing 'God' with my emotions and controlling the sun. Sorry, it's -3 here right now and Paul keeps tellng me it's going to be 30 tomorrow. LIAR! Guess I've already ranted. Man that felt good.

February 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I was looking for cheap property where we could set up a commune. I did find a place in Guyana. It comes with its own church, some shelters and an airstrip. It is a little place called Jonestown. I guess it was some sort of religious getaway that went under in the late 70's.

February 15, 2008 at 11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home