The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

February 6, 2008

A Classic "who needs it more?" night

While MCA applies his blue face paint and dons his Wojo jersey tonight, I'll be skimming through the NU vs. MN baskeball game...because as a proud new DirecTV subscriber, I actually get the Big Ten Network now (who else would actually carry this atrocious game?). Anyway, just wanted to go on record as saying that I'll be 100% in the Gophers' camp tonight, as a road loss at Northwestern would be crippling to their already slim post-season hopes. Also, NU is so awful that I can hardly watch...it's painful.

MCA, what's your prediction for tonight? I say Duke wins handily tonight...and UNC takes the game at Cameron (not having Lawson will be too much to overcome, no?).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Amazing that both BG and I would have to subscribe to the Big Ten Network to watch the Gophers considering I am in a 10 mile radius of the U of M campus and he is a good 2,000 miles away.

February 6, 2008 at 12:37 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

The loss of one central player is often overcome for one or two games by emotion and adrenaline and other guys eager to step up. Plus, it's a rivalry game and everything's out the window in a rivalry game. Plus, it's in CH. I don't want them to be able to use it as an excuse if we win tonight.

I'm going to disagree and say we lose tonight and win at home. The way it used to be, before the last couple of years where one team sweeps or they both lose at home.

February 6, 2008 at 4:20 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

With that hurdle cleared for the Gophers and my Iowa Hawkeyes up next for the Gopher's, I will adopt the BG theory of who needs it more and root for the Gophers. I would rather have one of my teams playing in the post season, than neither.

February 7, 2008 at 9:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home