The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

January 14, 2008

Hold on a second...

...I think I just threw up in my mouth. No, it's not residual "Delhi belly" from our trip, it's a result of the near certainty that the packers will be appearing in their 3rd Super Bowl of the modern era (I don't count the ones that earned them the stupid nickname of "Titletown", as there were like 12 teams in the league back then). Way to choke on applesauce, Cowboys, and give the fudge a smoothly paved road to the bowl. Sweet. As much as I've grown to hate the arrogance of the Patriots, it might be kind of fun to watch them dismantle the puckers. Part of me is trying to rationalize it by saying that "Favre is a great guy and an all-time great", but then the other part of me starts kicking the aforementioned part's ass. Okay...I'm still jet-lagged, so that probably didn't make sense, but needless to say I'm none too pleased. If they win it all, will he finally retire, a la John Elway??

2 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I was doing stuff around the house but had the game on, so I caught only bits and pieces. When the Puckers fell behind by 14 after 2 fumbles a couple of minutes into the game, I thought joyfully to myself I have seen this before. But unlike the Vikings team that I was thinking of that lost 41-0, the Pack was able to rally. It made me think that maybe Farve does deserve all the man love that he receives.

You all have heard me vent about the Yankee fan at work, the one who acts like he is sticking it to me when he tells me the Yankees have pulled their offer for Santana. He is also a Giants fan. So for the first time in my life I hope to see the Pack trounce somebody.

January 15, 2008 at 10:31 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Wow. Chuck you can't root for the Pack - ever. Either take that statement back or turn in your Minnesota Fan License to your nearest Cub Foods Store.

I sit in your 'bizarro world' where dudes last Friday were wearing a wide assortment of Packer's 'sweatshirts' - you know the ones that are sweatshirt material but all gussied up with a little embroider work and slightly less offensive green and gold colors, the kind they would wear to their relatives graduation or weddings.

January 15, 2008 at 11:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home