The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

January 11, 2008

Knoblauch is a turd


So Little Chuckie Knoblauch breaks his silence and speaks about being named in the Mitchell report (ESPN.Com.) Here are a couple quotes that I loved:

"I've got nothing to do with any of that, I mean, any baseball. And I don't want anything to do with baseball."

"One of my strongest characteristics is not really caring what people think. I'm living my life. It's not going to change my life one way or the other. You know, I'm not trying to get in the Hall of Fame. I got one vote though."

Sounds like Clemens coached him about how to be a douchebag to the media. It was pretty obvious that something happened to Knoblauch when he went to the Yankees and kept overthrowing first base (remember the time he hit Keith Olberman's mom in the face in the stands?) I don't think he suddenly had a case of the "Rick Ankiel's" and totally lost his talent.

He remains one of the few 'beloved' Minnesota 'stars' who went to an evil empire team and got what was coming to him. Am I shallow to relish this whole saga?

3 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Chuck Knoblauch going to the Yankees wasn't what made everyone turn on him. It was the fact that he signed an extension with the Twins, stated that he was happy to be there, wanted to be there and in a year turned around and demanded a trade.

I can not here Knoblauch's name without think of the KQRS Chucker skit, where the Chucker interview him at the All Star game. probably the only funny Chucker skit.

January 11, 2008 at 9:18 AM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

here or hear, whatever, this isn't a grammar rodeo.

January 11, 2008 at 9:20 AM

 
Blogger MCA said...

Also, think"ing" and interview"ed." But I'm not a nit-picker.

Anyhoo, the Chucker. Thanks for the memories. Comic genius. Personally, I can't resist any opportunity to drop reference to the WJJY Cash Call.

"A pair of choppers?"

That's what makes this blog great. I can come on here and make a joke about Uncle Coach Burnsie and people know what I'm talking about.

January 11, 2008 at 4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home