The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

January 11, 2008

Hats Off to Thee

U 82, Wildcats 63
Is it too early to pick Tubby as coach of the Year in the Big 10? Of course it is, but I was impressed with their trouncing of the Wusscats the other night. In the past, when the gophers were faced playing a team of lower caliber they would play down to their level-- not so, the other night- thanks to Lefty McDoodle's (I just realized that this is him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJoxGpEswOI) sharp shooting. Definitely a good showing, and it was enough for sportscenter to actually discuss the gophers-- in a none ridiculing way, nonetheless. All of this is good press for future recruits. You know recruits watch sportscenter, and they notice which schools are talked about all the time. Clearly, that attracts them to that school-how else can anyone explain why someone would voluntarily go to Duke?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

I like the name "Lefty McDoodle" for Hoffarber (Hopkins in the Hizzy.)

See that comeback at Penn State on Saturday? I didn't since I don't get the Big 10 Network. But I listened on the radio and turned the game off when PSU built their lead to 16. My mistake.

Going to the Barn on Thursday with my father-in-law for the game against IU. Could this be the right time for an upset for these upstart Gophers? Also, As much as we crush Munson, he did bring in Hoffarber and Al Nolen who looks legit.

January 14, 2008 at 11:00 AM

 
Blogger BG said...

Dudes,
I'm back...need to catch up on all the good stuff posted over the last two weeks.

Love the nickname, and loved the footage of McDoodle in a Hopkins uniform. Makes me nostalgic for my days as a Royal.

January 14, 2008 at 3:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home