The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

September 23, 2011

FTLOSBW: Asleep at the Switch. Now this is some football I can get excited about.

Tired and bored with the state of Minnesota? Tired and bored with the state of Minnesota Sports? Look no further friends. Step right up and get your dose of progress.

What turns this nordic native's head so swiftly towards hope, you might ask? An apology from Joe Mauer for his lackluster bust of a season and for his sad promotion of mediocre minnesota tourism venues? No. Not that. A time machine taking us back thirty seconds before chilly sent 12 men to a huddle in the most crucial moment in Minnesota Vikings History? Nah. I don't have a time machine. That's impossible. Famine relief? Certainly not.

Nope. It's chicks in bras playing football. Tackle football. And it's now part of the Minnesota football fabric. I have to say, I watched a few clips of this, and they didn't look too bad. From a football standpoint. This may be our best chance at a football championship in the next decade.

Go Valkyrie! I bet Ragnar is firing up that bike as we speak.

RTS- I am a little shocked you haven't tracked and reported on this previously. I'm ready for some football. Can FTLOSBW get a box for this? They only play like three games a year, so I think if we pawn Jan's AP jersey, we should be able to afford it.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Wow. I can not believe that this thing did not fall apart at some point along the planning process and some people actually put money behind it. Don't get me wrong I am still more interested in it than the WNBA. I am also surprised that the teams aren't named The Chicago Hooters, The New York Tilted Kilts or The Charlotte Rick's Cabaret. They need a TV contract. I would guess Spike TV first and Versus second.

For the record Gamblor will take a team from Atlanta or Chicago over the sweet girls from Minnesota.

September 23, 2011 at 11:45 AM

 
Blogger drinkingtommykramer said...

i think they have games on mtv2 - and espn 8 ---the ocho

September 23, 2011 at 2:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home