The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

March 3, 2011

Win Twins




Pat Neshek is awesome. Through his blog he encourages people to mail him stuff to autograph. I decided to take him up on his offer. In fact, I decided to expand upon this and came up with the Great Twins Experiment of 2011 for my daughter and I to do. We are going to mail out the entire 2010 Topps Twins set and see what we get back. There are 21 players in all, 18 current Twins and 3 former Twins (Punto is on the Cardinals, I missed that one).


I mailed out cards like this in 6th and 7th grade. Some of the cards came back with autographs, some came back with schedules and stickers and some never came back at all. I never really believed the autographs were real since there is no way to verify the authenticity of them. My friend Chris M. (Hopkins grad) swore they were real. I am not going into this expecting to get a authentic signed Twins set. I am doing this just as a project to do with my daughter. Hopefully, we get some back. At least we will know one is real, Mr. Pat Neshek.


The list in no particular order: Orlando Cabrera (Indians), Neshek, Alex Burnett, Glen Perkins, J.J. Hardy (O's), Pavano, Liriano, Morneau, Slowey, Young, Casilla, Cuddy, Nathan, Anthony Swarzak, Span, Baker, Mauer, Blackburn, Drew Butera, Punto (Cards) and Kubel.


Here is the letter used for current Twins minus Neshek:


Dear Mr. Kubel,

I am a Twins fan living in Atlanta. My daughter and I are sending out a whole set of Twins’ cards to all the players and waiting to see what we get back. We would appreciate it if you would take the time to sign the enclosed card and mail it back in the enclosed self addressed stamped envelope. Thank you in advance. Good luck this year. Win Twins!

Regards,


Little RTS and RTS ( I use our real names in the letter)



1 Comments:

Blogger BG said...

Shocked at the lack of chatter on this one. AMAZING project RTS. I hope to have a daughter who is even remotely interested in baseball so that I can do something similar in the future.

You have to keep us posted on the progress.

March 7, 2011 at 4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home