The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

March 9, 2011

We Don't Need Rehab. This Time We've Got It Under Control

Ok. Im officially getting excited for baseball. Yes, I know I'm chasing the dragon here. Yes, I know the twins will push me closer to suicide when they don't show up for the fourteenth consecutive series against the yankees. But like any addict or beaten wife, I think the best thing to do is take another hit. Yep, this highs going to be the one that doesn't have a crash because the twins hit us because they love us. Morneau is back. The shiek looks great. And we've got our own ichiro 2.0. That's worth it just too hear minnesotans talk about how much they like the new chinese guy.

I've been thinking of some questions to mask my concerns and hide my pain:

Who's going to have a better year? The shiek or the dunce?

Who will get more mvp votes? Mauer or morneau?

Who will be the first to 15 wins? Liriano or pavano?

Who will hit 20 dongs first? Thome or Dyoung?

Who will steal more bases? Casilla or ichiro?

Who will be the first to make an inappropriate and insensitive asian joke and have to apologize?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Oooh, Twins talk, "exciting?" or "exciting!"

Either way my thoughts:

1. Dunce will have a better year on the mound. Shiek will continue to dominate autograph sessions.

2. Morneau will pick up where he left off in 2010 and get more MVP votes.

3. Pavano. I don't trust Liriano, I just don't.

4. DYoung. No doubt he is gonna have a monster year. Think FTLOSBW can sponsor his fan club?

5. Ichiro. Casilla will have the most fumbled tag up attempts (see Game 163 2009.)

6. DrinkingTommyKramer will have to apologize for an asian joke at some point.

March 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM

 
Blogger drinkingtommykramer said...

So these two korean guys go into a bar....

March 9, 2011 at 9:26 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

... I don't know the rest but the punchline is your mom is a whore.

I had no idea we signed Twinichiro. I did not know the Punto was gone until last week. It makes me excited to think what else I might have missed in the offseason. What is the pitching roatation looking like beyond Pavano, Liriano and Baker? Is it still Blackburn and Slowey or is the Dunce in the mix?

March 10, 2011 at 7:19 AM

 
Blogger drinkingtommykramer said...

I probably should have added: will kubel cement his place as The worst stretch clutch hitter in baseball?

March 12, 2011 at 9:01 AM

 
Blogger BG said...

BTW, I think Crain is on the White Sox now...which I'm sure will bite us, even though he also seemed to melt in key situations (see: playoffs).

What is with the Liriano trade talk, by the way? I think we went through arbitration with him, right? Doesn't that mean we still have his rights for another year or two?

MCA - we need you to step in here and inform us.

March 14, 2011 at 3:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home