The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

July 19, 2010

Twins/White Sox 4 Game Set - Recap

(Editors note: This post is for only those who have actually grown a mustache at some point in their lives and worn it out in public.)

Weekend Recap

Game 1 - Should have won that one. We would have at the Dome. People were saying that the White Sox "are over their Minnesota curse" after pulling that one out.

Game 2 - Hey, Jon Rauch, get another tattoo, do something because that appearance was shaky at best. Can someone give me a high-five on Jesse Crain? He sucked the first month or so but has been a killer ever since. Closer role? Buried in the near-collapse was Liriano's nice outing.

Game 3 - The day the earth stood still. Remember Minnesota in July? Hot, steamy, huge storms that sprout up in the afternoon? That was Saturday here. It could not have played out any better with Pavano and Burehehlrlel going at it in just under 2 hours because 20 minutes after the game ended the heavens opened up. I spent 15 minutes in my basement as tornado sirens sounded - those things always make me jolt (side note: my dad never went into the basement, I, however, always go because it's kinda the easiest thing to do.) Back to the game, I'm growing a mustache and you should too.

Game 4 - Who should not grow a mustache? Blackburn, Slowey, or Baker. Not sure that they actually could but it didn't help Blackburn much yesterday (he had some Fu Man Chu attempt.) Some say he got some stuff figured out, I say he didn't. What a comeback though, it was as exciting as a game as I've seen all year. Oh and who came through again? Only the best hitter in the league with RISP - DYoung.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

My wife was flipping through the channels and actually found the Twins on WGN, I had missed it. We turned on the game with runners on the corners down by 3. The rest is history.

The readers of FTLOSBW may remember a Talladega picture in which I sported a mustache and a shirt which read "Guns don't kill people, people with mustaches do!" It does take balls growing one, because people actually think you are serious about your facial hair.

July 19, 2010 at 11:17 AM

 
Blogger LH said...

I've gotten so used to not being able to watch the Twins games, I didn't even think of flipping to WGN.

I was watching the Open as the ticker on the bottom kept giving me updates 3-6 bad guys 9th inning: "Shit- not again Twinkies..what's going on with you guys?" 4-6 couple guys on "Well, at least you showed that there isn't any quit in you- but still to drop 2 back from the Sox- that sucks"... commercial break.... and I forget if I saw 6-6 or what, but I remember seeing 7-6 FINAL flash across the screen: "Fuck ya- guys nice comeback victory- suck it South Side- wish I was there.."

Jan- I applaud the stasche- never wore won out in public, save for one drunken night in college on a bet, but I applaud the look-- you continue to be a mentor to me.

July 19, 2010 at 11:47 AM

 
Blogger BG said...

Get DYoung to the 5-slot. Seriously. Such a huge game yesterday. I feel good about 1.5 games back at this point, with a relatively bottom-feeder schedule coming up. The sox and tigers are done with their cupcake inter-league schedules...

July 19, 2010 at 6:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home