The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

July 12, 2010

Twins All-Star Break 2010 Analysis

Thoughts? 10 years ago we would all be high-fiving about being 3.5 games out. This isn't 10 years ago.

1. Rotation - Shaky like a big girl in heels. Pavano is our ace. Carl Pavano. I think that Rick Anderson needs to find a new way to communicate with these guys or he has got to go. As my father-in-law said "I've never seen a group of guys hang their heads more than Baker, Slowey, and Blackburn." It's true. How about a little fight, start channeling your inner Jack Morris.

2. Offense - Somethings wrong with Joe. He's hurt. I think we all know how I feel about Cuddy so I won't even get into why we continue to bat him 5th over DYoung. Speaking of DYoung, Souhan had an article saying we should trade him now. Really Jim Souhan? For what, Roy Oswalt? C'mon.

3. Defense - Lackluster.

4. Stadium - the best.

So there you have it. We're fans of an underachieving team with the most powerful lineup we've seen in years and the weakest starting rotation this side of LH getting the nod during his little league days that we get to watch in an awesome ballpark.

My prediction: We win the division by 4 games. Yes, I am a rube.

4 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

It hurt not getting Cliff Lee. I try and remain positive as so many things could turn this season around. If Joe could start hitting, if someone could step up in the rotation, if balls could start leaving Target field, if the Twins could only hit into a normal amount of DPs,if Jennifer Love Hewitt would run into my car and then offer sexual favors because her insurance lapsed... just a plethora of things could get this ship righted.

July 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM

 
Blogger LH said...

If your cheap comment wouldn't have been so accurate, I would have taken offense to that.

How many of you thought there was a chance we would land Cliff? I don't think I allowed more than a sliver of thought given how many times in the past we've been let down when it comes to mid-season moves like this...

I put the best odds on Joe starting to hit again from RTS' list, right above JLH hitting his car...

Anyone else think Joe shouldn't play in the All-Star game if he wasn't able to go in the last game before the break?

July 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM

 
Anonymous tapani said...

when does football start?

July 12, 2010 at 4:34 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

This is the most frustrated I've been as a Twins fan in probably 15 years. That's all I can say about it right now. The f-ing WHITE SOX?!?!?!?!?! That's the worst team to ever go on a 26-5 run of all time. They STILL don't have three guys hitting over about .290. And our play has been pitiful.

July 18, 2010 at 9:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home