The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

February 12, 2009

So...if I get the chance to meet him, what do I say?


Gents,

I am volunteering tonight at a sports auction that is being hosted by a group I'm involved with. As luck would have it, one of the "celebrity" guests is this guy.
Question is: what do I say/do when I see him?

Options:
1) "Hey man, I heard you're a d-bag" (he actually put a buddy of mine in a headlock for talking to his girlfriend at a bar after a Cal game

2) "Tough season, huh? At least the women are attractive up in Green Bay"

3) "Is A.J. Hawk still dating Brady Quinn's sister?"

4) "Fudge-packer. Go Vikes"

5) "Hey, did you hear Favre retired? Be honest, you're pumped."

6 Comments:

Blogger MCA said...

Engage in chitchat for a moment, then say "I think you're perfect for Green Bay." Don't give any explanation.

February 12, 2009 at 7:23 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

1) mistake him for Don Majikowski
2) Ask him "you really did not mind sitting on the bench earning millions all those years did you?"
3) "Sharp or mild cheddar?"
4)"After you retire, pack on some pounds, lose those pounds through Nutrisystem, give me a call because I have I got a skin treatment for you."

February 13, 2009 at 7:21 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Mistake him for Favre.

I'm gonna guess nothing was asked.

February 13, 2009 at 9:56 AM

 
Blogger BG said...

So, i didn't end up talking to him, but several of my buddies did. By all accounts, he was a nice guy. What struck me is that he was probably the youngest guy at this thing, but made more money than 95% of the people there. Strange.

Love the suggestions. Laughing out loud this morning. I need to circle with a few of the other guys that hung out with him, but one of my buddies got a really good nugget (related to my original #5). When asked if Favre mentored him at all, he replied, incredulously: "No way. Not at all. Favre was all about Favre." My friend: so, he didn't try to teach you anything or share any of his experience? Rodgers: "Nope. Nothing." Pretty good stuff, and now we know with certainty (though figured as much) that Fav-ruh is selfish as could be.

February 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM

 
Blogger LH said...

I'm sorry I missed this post..I would have liked to contribute to the questions. As a day late observer, my favorite two questions would have been MCA's or RTS' #4.

Loved to get further hearsay evidence that Favre is one of the biggest douchebags out there... all the talk from his Jet's teammates seems to validate a lot of what Errant Rodgers said..,

February 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I remember Farve himself saying when Rodgers was a rookie that he would not help mentor him because no one helped Farve and he had to do it all by himself.

February 13, 2009 at 2:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home