The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

January 13, 2009

My pledge to you and all of Viking land.

If the Arizona Cardinals win the Super Bowl, I, RedTigerShark, will suspend my Vikings fandom until the Vikings reach the Super Bowl. I think that the very least I am owed for approximately 29 years of fanaticism, is that 2 of the franchises generally looked at for futility, the Cards and the Bucs, do not win Super Bowls before the Vikings. Call it what you will. Call it jumping off the bandwagon, I don't care. I call it being slighted and the butt of a very unfunny joke.

Now before you dismiss this as just sour grapes about the loss two weeks ago, I would like to point out that if the Cards win the Super Bowl, it will be the second year in a row that the Vikings have thrashed the eventual Super Bowl winner late in the season. As I am sure you all remember, the Vikings beat the Giants 41-17 in week 12 last year and they beat the Cards 35-14 in week 15 this year. This does not happen to every team, only ours.

This rant also applies if the Lions or Saints win the Super Bowl before the Vikings. Obviously, their threat is not as eminent. The Cards still have to win two big games for it to happen, but I felt the need to get this down in writing and on the record.

Regards,

RTS

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

RTS - Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

The life of a Vikes fan, openly rooting for teams (other than the Pack) to not go to the Superbowl.

January 15, 2009 at 10:56 AM

 
Blogger BG said...

I think the Cardinal joy ride comes to an end this week...

But doesn't it feel weird to say that Arizona is HOSTING the NFC championship game. Wow...

January 15, 2009 at 1:29 PM

 
Blogger LH said...

If there ever would have been a year to 'sneak' into the playoffs and eek out a superbowl this would have been it...granted it will be a tough game against whoever(and by whoever I mean the Steelers) wins the AFC championship, but really that would only be the truly tough game this year.

I know what you mean RTS.. and I like your conviction, but I don't buy the one dimensional eagles at all, and the way AZ's defense as all of a sudden decided to put forth effort, even without Boldin- I'm going with the Cardinals....

How excited do you think the NFL executives are about a possible AZ/Baltimore superbowl.?

January 15, 2009 at 2:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home