The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

September 30, 2008

Tonight - I believe in the Minnesota Twins


I believe in the Minnesota Twins.

I believe in Gardy - and Andy and Stelly and Jerry White and Scotty Ulger and Joe Vavra.

I believe in Blackburn.

I believe in our bullpen, our entire bullpen, top to bottom, Crain, Guerrier, Boof, Mijares, Breslow, Nathan. You name him, I believe in him.

I believe in the AL batting Champ.

I believe in the MVP.

I believe in Span and Go-Go and Alexi. I believe in them so bad it hurts.

I believe in Punto. I do. I believe in Nicholas Paul Punto (and whoever is at third, if it's Buscher, I believe in him. If it's Tolbert, I believe in him. Hell, if they throw Harris over there then I believe in Brendan Michael Harris.)

I believe in Jason Kubel.

I believe in the Minnesota Twins.

12 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Dude, you should be a model for Degree Antiperspirant, cool under pressure, even when your not. We should line up and slap you "Airplane" style. Relax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_GJkKMPHxw

September 30, 2008 at 1:37 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

RTS -

Uh, just a post.

Will admit, little hyped up over the game, then again I've probably watched/listened to 80% of the games this year - so have a bit of a vested interest. It wasn't that long ago you'd be peeing your pants too.

Good clip though love that scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-xHPU6NulM

"Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em. Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em"

September 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM

 
Blogger LH said...

Can I be the first in line to slap Jan? Seriously, are we going to do this, or is this just talk on a blog?

By the way, anyone else notice that if you say Jan's ode backwards it sounds like God Bless America over and over again...coincidence, I think not. Go Twins.


PS why the F__ isn't this game on ESPN? Some of us would like to take a 1/2 day today to watch the game.

September 30, 2008 at 2:15 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

LH et. al. Game is on TBS

September 30, 2008 at 2:23 PM

 
Blogger LH said...

excellent... thank you Jan- value added as always

September 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

Is "Frank TV" still on? Can we get a few more of those ads this year during the postseason?

I want us to win just as much to keep the Sox out of the playoffs as to get the Twins in them. Is that wrong?

September 30, 2008 at 4:10 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Well, looks like Cuddy gets the nod at DH

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/christensen/

Dumb is you ask me. Kubel got us here.

September 30, 2008 at 4:23 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Forgot to mention that Cuddy is 2 for 12 since coming back.

September 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM

 
Blogger BG said...

Jan - don't change, buddy. Don't ever change! Love the passion...

I like Kubel in the DH spot as well. Maybe Gardy plans to swap him in mid-game.

Come on, Twins!!

September 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

Kubel hits .232 with a .704 OPS against lefties. As his protector on this blog, I'm not that concerned with this. Somewhat annoyed, as Cuddy hasn't been a part of the team all year and Kubel helped us get here. But he'll be nice to have in reserve as a pinch hitter, and he's not good against lefties, whereas Cuddy feasts on them, comparatively (I think).

September 30, 2008 at 5:33 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

Forgot to add that I'm nervous like a 4th grader right now.

September 30, 2008 at 5:34 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

Was just handed a ticket to the game. LET'S GO TWINS!!! Later.

September 30, 2008 at 6:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home