The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

September 5, 2008

Minnesota and the RNC


Well, even with over 800 arrests (some of them highly questionable) the RNC was a success for our fair Twin Cities (despite the Twinkies having to be on the road longer and getting swept in Toronto, goddam it!) But I digress. I attended one RNC event with 'friend of this blog' Brett Shogren - a "Super Diamond" concert at The Fine Line. It wasn't just my politics that stood out as I wore my Chuck Taylors, jeans, a maroon hoodie, and my Twins hat; everyone else wore suits and ties. The band was great, catching up with Shogren was fun, and watching the crowd belt out "America" was ironic considering both the whiteness of the crowd and the Republican stance on immigration.


However, the biggest buzz of the night was Sarah Palin's speech. The cliche "hitting it out of the park" became cliche by the end of the night. While I agree with nothing that Govenor Palin had to say and am completely opposed to what her politcal beliefs are, I kept my mouth shut and drank my free beer. Looking forward to the next 8 weeks. If somehow Palin finds herself the next Vice President of the United States, you will find me and the wife living outside the borders (and hopefully with Swedish citizenship.)

2 Comments:

Blogger MCA said...

Oh my god McCain's speech was awful. When does Palin drop him from the ticket?

September 5, 2008 at 12:44 PM

 
Blogger drinkingtommykramer said...

i wore flip flops and a baseball hat to the previous nights events. so you should feel good about standing out with that group of admttedly loserish people.

i love tina fey. or sarah palin. or whatever. either way, the glasses are hot.

September 20, 2008 at 10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home