The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

January 23, 2008

Jim Cramer, Bear?

I can't stand Jim Cramer. My main gripe is that he does not admit he was wrong, he always claims that he is always on the right side of the market. He reminds me of guys selling football picks. He is loud, pushy and always going 14 of 15 or some ridculous number. For example, 3 weeks ago he was on CNBC touting Apple, Research in Motion and Google (he did say he would shy away from Amazon) as buys at their current prices. Now the 3 stocks have had the sh*t kicked out of them along with most of the market. I have yet to see him step to the plate and address the bad calls. Yesterday, Rick Santelli called Cramer out when Cramer claimed he had been a bear for the last 7 months. Someone spliced together the conversation along with dated clips from Mad Money. I thought it was very funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGkrNJ19DSU


On a side note, I saw Rick Santelli speak at a conference. In a half an hour speech he said "Keep in mind" 16 times and conundrum 8.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Cramer has made his living on the fact that he "called" the 1987 stock market crash and moved money a few days before (well, not his living, but I feel like he brings it up all the time.) This guy is selling snake oil to the masses.

January 23, 2008 at 1:40 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about. I assumed, from the title of the post, you were discussing the free agency of some obscure offensive lineman I'd never heard of, and whether he might end up in Chicago.

January 23, 2008 at 3:07 PM

 
Blogger LH said...

First of all- Alshouse, that was hilarious.

Second of all, I totally agree with you both. Cramer is an idiot- and worst then that, he's dangerous to the people that lap this stuff up. He probably is a smart guy, but now he just says stuff to get people's attention and reaction.

There's no room for Cramerica in my America my friends...

January 23, 2008 at 8:18 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

MCA- More important than the players of the story is this is just another example of the news media failing to do their job. Finally, someone at CNBC called out one of their own and Cramer denied it to the end.

January 24, 2008 at 10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home