The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

January 22, 2008

Barack v Clintons

Alright, from the debate last night I am getting tired of the Clinton's going after Obama. I agree with Edwards that the debate should be a discussion of policy and pointing out differences between the candidates but how long does Obama have to sit around and take Bill and Hill's crap?

I am losing a ton of respect for Bill as he has become a hired gun for Hillary. Obama pointed this out that he feels like he is running against both of them. Is this really what he should be doing as an ex-Democratic president? Isn't he better served using his energy going after the Republican's? Let Hillary fight her own battles.

Granted, I see this through my "Obama for President" glasses but at the same time it weakens the Democrats message as we get lost in this back-and-forth. Wasn't a truce called at some point?

2 Comments:

Blogger MCA said...

Looking through the same glasses, but I completely agree. Image tarnished for sure. His policy legacy was pretty weak in the first place - it was his politics that made Clinton strong. He must see what a cluster*$%& we're in right now, and as the figurehead of the Democratic Party (whether he likes it or not), his goal should be in making damn sure a Republican does not end up in the Oval Office in 2009. Back off, dude.

I think the polity is coming to see this as unfair, though, so it should stop soon. May be too late by then, of course. Maybe Obama needs to tear up just a little bit at an event.

January 22, 2008 at 5:21 PM

 
Blogger BG said...

Seriously, this was annoying the crap out of me too. Why does Hilary need to nitpick?!? As the presumptive "favorite", theoretically, all positive buzz for the democrats should help her disproportionately (I know, this is not marketing 101, but it's similar). Slick Bill should be leveraging his goodwill and popularity, not attacking another Democrat.

Also, I'm firmly in the Dem camp for this election, but does anyone get a little annoyed hearing about Hilary's plan to fix adjustable mortgage rates for five years?!? I'm sorry, you want to bail out people who were simply irresponsible and stupid two years ago, and bought houses they couldn't afford???? I understand that the housing woes are hurting the overall economy, but it just burns me that these people could get a free pass (maybe I'm jaded living in the most expensive market in the country). This all seems much different than helping the homeless, or helping people get health care who can't afford it.

January 23, 2008 at 1:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home