The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

May 5, 2012

Vikings Vote - Get Involved

Vikings stadium goes before a vote Monday afternoon, as of 9:50am Sunday, all signs point to this not getting done, officially obliterating any attachment I will have to Minnesota. Instead if sitting idle, I emailed my representative DFLer Steve Simon the following, just one man's voice

To: Steve Simon
"You came to my door and asked for my vote in the last election, I now ask you represent me and vote "Yes" for funding a Vikings stadium. While a football fan, I want this stadium because without the Vikings Minnesota will be "a cold Omaha" (to paraphrase Sid Hartman from years ago.) Politicians are acting like children, it's now embarrassing. Get it done. I'll watch for your vote on Monday and depending on which way you go, you can watch for mine next time around. If you vote "No" - skip my house when you campaign, you won't be welcome."

2 Comments:

Blogger BG said...

Beautiful, Jan. I can't echo this enough. These people are playing small-minded petty politics. If the Vikings were to leave town, that would result in my passionately following exactly one professional sports team in town (the Twins), and that could fade fast if they end up rebuilding for 5 years. Ugh. Let's hope Dayton finds a way to get this through.

May 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

These people are morons. Kind of the wussy move to pass a bill that doesn't represent the deal that had been struck. Along with the $105m the house took out if the states share and put back on the team (yeah, Zygi is just going to pony that up) another provision added was a 40 year lease, part of the sale if the team and naming rights revenues, Vikings pay operating costs, and a "preferably" woman/minority/disabled employment agency be used to hire and train minority facility workers. People are the worst.

May 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home