The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

April 8, 2012

FTLOSBW who the fuck cares about sports files

Sorry for the profanity but watching the twins drop 3 to the O's makes me want to send Gardy some pigs organ soup. Over under on wins is set at 65 and that's generous.

Ok, back to this blog being about music. I'm a fan of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2RlV6cteiA&sns=em


4 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I got setup just to get punched in the gut again.

April 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

RTS, how did you set yourself up? This always had the look of a .500 if we catch a few breaks team.

Or were you talking about Gopher hockey? Yeah, that went well, too.

I've found, in my now 6+ month period of sports deprioritization, that I have a lot more stomach for following individual sports. Because there's no temptation to actually follow/root for a team or franchise, you don't have your day ruined when they inevitably disappoint you.

It is hard at times to resist the urge to pull against certain individuals (Tiger Woods, Rafael Nadal), so that temptation needs to be resisted at risk of getting emotionally invested.

Good song, Jan. Not in my wheelhouse so probably never would have found it otherwise.

I did see some of the Masters. Don't understand how Bubba Watson became as good as he is. I do have a hard time supporting anyone who goes by Bubba and hangs out with Hunter Mahan. But, dang that was ridiculously good out of the trees on 10.

April 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

In order of disappointment:

Gopher Hockey
Gopher Basketball
Twins
Braves
Jan in general

April 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

RTS - funny, I had the same list but I had it:

Gopher Hockey
Gopher Basketball
Twins
Jan in general
Braves

April 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home