The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

December 4, 2011

Shows I'm watchin on TV Right Now

In the spirit of the new direction of FTLOSBW, I'm going to randomly post what I'm watching on t.v. - I may follow through with this, I may not.

Right now it's Virgin Diaries on TLC which, if you haven't seen, is the new greatest/worst show in television history. There's a couple who save their first kiss for their wedding. He's 30. Worse than you can imagine. Remember your first kiss? I don't even have to know you and I can tell you it was brutal because they all are. Now, imagine doing that over billion times in front of 150 family and friends at your wedding reception (she wouldn't let him take a breath without trying to kiss him.) By the end, their lips were grossly chapped from them jamming their faces together. Oh, and then they were interviewed the next day about whether they banged on their wedding night. I'll spare you the suspense, they did the horizontal mambo. He said it wasn't that great and she said it hurt. No shit. Why would anyone go on this show?

Following Virgin Diaries is "All-American Muslim" which I'm not going to be watching. Not because I have anything against Muslims but this show should just be called "Reality show of people who are living in Michigan. . . oh and they happen to be Muslim which we're trying to confront you with as if it's a mystery to all you viewers being at war in the region for the last 10 years but, surprise, these people aren't actually terrorists, they're American citizens living outside of Detroit and they drive Ford Explorers and have babies and mortgages."

1 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Does it come across as these people are losers or as propaganda put out to teach kids to say no to sex until marriage? I also take it these women have not been taking it up the pooper in order to have sexual contact while keeping their virginity in tact.

I like this segment. I could follow with a list but I will save it and piece it out in several columns. Maybe we could even go point counterpoint style as we force each other to review each other shows.

Speaking of things I watched...I watched the 4th qtr of the Big Ten Championship on Fox. The announcing was abysmal. Fox should be embarrassed. I know Gus Johnson for calling MMA fights for Strikeforce, where he is horrendous. It should be no surprise then that his football calling was equally as bad. It sounded like Russel Wilson was fighting some guy named Sparty in a cage instead of two football teams competing for a trip to the Rose Bowl. Every completed pass sounded like someone just landed a big shot and had the other team on wobbly legs. I do not know who else was in the booth with him, but they sounded like Frank Shamrock (not a flattering comparison). To top it off, Tim Brewster, yes that Tim Brewster, was the sideline reporter. I swear he asked Mark Dantonio about what it was like playing in the first Big 12 title game.

December 5, 2011 at 9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home