The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

December 23, 2011

I Can't Believe I'm Doing This

Only aware of the situation b/c my f-i-l, big Colts fan, is in town and mentioned this A.M. that Indy won last night. I presume you all are aware of the potentially huge implications here: if the Colts beat Jacksonville next Sunday, which would seem a very good possibility given they're now apparently on a hot streak and the Jags blow, and the Vikes lose out, WE WIN THE ANDREW LUCK SWEEPSTAKES.

St. Louis is still in the running, too, but apparently the draft order tiebreaker is reverse-order strength of schedule. Right now the Vikes' schedule has been tougher, but the Rams close with Pittsburgh and San Fran and should leapfrog us.

Ergo, Colts win one more to get to 3-13, we lose both to finish at 2-14, and St. Louis either wins one to finish 3-13 or loses both but their schedule jumps us in difficulty = first pick in the draft, bitches. Trade that shit for a pile of picks and (a) stock up on defensive players and (b) reverse the Herschel Walker karma forever.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

This has Darrin Nelson Vs Marcus Allen written all over it.

December 23, 2011 at 12:04 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Yes, I'm late to this dance but I'd like to comment how even losing can't go our way this time. Not only do we beat the Redskins but we lose AP. Addition by subtraction, some would say.

I'm at the point of irrationality. On Sunday I caught myself telling BG how Joe Webb has deceptive speed. I was back-handedly rationalizing losing the greatest running back in Vikings history. Now I find myself anticipating the Ricky Rubio era.

BTW - Kiss of death to the Wild after FTLOSBW starts watching they've lost 7 in a row.

December 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Do you think Les Steckel is having a laugh right now?

December 29, 2011 at 8:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home