The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

April 5, 2010

Hey, nerds, it's Opening Day!

Well, not technically but F Boston and New York. Excited or what? The two exhibition games at The Field this past weekend against the Cardinals were smash hits (no pun intended.) The news media/fans/players/coaches/security guards/hot dog vendors/bums/dogs were all raving about the new digs. Our season starts on with an odd one - four games out West in LAA land (LH - you checking them out?) then 3 in Chicago against the loathed Sox until finally home next Monday. Baker gets the rock tonight.

Remember this moment, full of hopes and dreams of a season to come.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I am excited, just wish we were not starting on the west coast. 10 PM starts are rough here.

Tonight my eyes will be on Duke. If they win, I win the smaller NCAA pool I am in. Jan, anytime you want to send me my $20 is cool. I get the feeling this is going to be an FFL credit.

April 5, 2010 at 2:07 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

RTS - do you take out-of-state credit cards?

April 5, 2010 at 3:53 PM

 
Blogger BG said...

Fellas,
I'm guessing MCA will have the best take on Opening Day, but he's obviously barricaded himself in his man-cave with his Duke facepaint on in preparation for tonight's game. Had WVA won on Saturday, I would have won a couple hundred...needless to say that dude's torn ACL was symbolic of the pain I felt...only Huggins wasn't there to make out with me and ease the pain.

Anyway...on to the Twins. Kind of a rough start to the season, no? At Angels, at ChiSox and then Boston at home?!? Wowsers...I'll be happy with .500 ball, I think.

Let's hope Baker is the good Scott Baker (from the 2nd half of last year) and that the new lineup gets the bats going from day one.

I miss starting the season against KC every year...

April 5, 2010 at 5:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home