The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

March 22, 2010

We Like It Here - Baby Jesus Press Conference

Not sure if where you live they played the press conference live, I'm gonna guess not. Caught only a few minutes on WCCO 6pm news but you couldn't get any closer to exemplifying a local sports fan base if Roger Maris had played for the Fargo Moorehead RedHawks.




Side note: If you remember WCCO "sportslegend" Mark Rosen came out a month+ ago saying a deal was done. News outlets got all worked up. Rosen ended up being wrong and he has taken a lot of shizma for it (rightfully so, ask Dan Rather.) Anyway, Rosen got the first question in to Mauer today, when the anchor took the feed back from the press conference he said: "WCCO's Mark Rosen with the first question there which is appropriate as a couple months ago he said the framework of a deal existed." Still going with the "framework" thing, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger drinkingtommykramer said...

I think there's really only one question you have to consider at a time like this. It's not "what if he gets hurt?" or "how will we afford the lineup to stay competitive?". No, those are stupid questions. The question i think we are all wondering is, "how far into the realm of personal degradation am i willing to go if Joe Mauer asks me to?". I've been thinking about it, and I honestly don't think i can come up with much that i'd say no to. I mean, I think i'd pretty much do anything he wants me to do. Anything. I'm pretty sure I would put on a baby outfit and stomp on a barrel of puppies like they were wine grapes if he asked me to. But THATS whats so great. He never would. He's so fucking awesome and would never ask any of us to do that. He's just not the kind of guy that gains pleasure in other people's misery. there's just always enough to go around with Joe. But to be perfectly clear -- if he asked, i would totally do it.

March 22, 2010 at 10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home