The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

March 11, 2010

Joe - Seriously. I Don't Need This Right Now



I don't need this.

I'm not panicking and I'm very confident that as MCA suggested, this long dry humping over Joe's contract will come to an end right before opening day. But I have to say, this is becoming more of distraction than we need, which is to say any distraction. Sort of the small but noticeable amount of lip hair on a hot girl you can't take your eyes off of. I like that both sides are keeping it airtight, and Joe's publicly been great. But if Souhan is right and the Twins have offered these massive sums and it's not moving, these things have a history of leaking out to start publicly pressuring the other side. That won't be good. So just end it. Joe, I'm asking you to be the bigger man. Thats a lot to ask of a 27 year old, young, scrapping, selfless, american - nay - international hero. But I think i speak for all minnesota sports fans when I say that I trust you more than the sons of bankers in management to do the right thing. Joe - do you want to be Derek Jeter, or do you want to be Mike Piazza? Don't answer! Shhhhhhhhh. Just sign it, Joe. Just sign it.

(Picture: Baby Jan looking for Joe)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hold it for a second, everyone, take a breath. In through the nose, out through the mouth. One more time, OK, there. Now, resume panic.

March 11, 2010 at 10:25 AM

 
Blogger BG said...

My pops sent me that Souhan article as well...and part of me thinks he just wrote it because there was nothing else to write about and it is his job to stir the pot. That being said...what's the delay? If they mutually agreed to hold off on making an announcement so they could turn it into a big P.R. event in Minneapolis after training, then fine. But if Joe is really balking at $20M/year instead of $25M, then I will be upset. Scratch that - I will hurl onto my keyboard. As DTK says, does he want to be Ripken / Jeter or A-Rod? Has the front office not shown enough desire to make moves and build a winner around him?

March 11, 2010 at 12:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home