The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

March 3, 2010

The Winter Olympiad - A Games in Review


Just a moment to capture my reflections:

1. Huzzah USA! Huzzah! Bobsled? Nordic Combined? Great strides were made.

2. USA hockey - Silver is like kissing your sister. It would have been great to beat them on their home ice, screw the 'hey, at least it was the Canucks' chatter - I want to win things in life not lose and scrounge up a reason to feel good about it. Really exciting game, could have gone either way, and love the pivotal role representatives from the "State of Hockey" played.

3. Speaking of the "State of Hockey"; we were well represented all over the place.

4. The venue - while the weather was not so wintry, it still was a great spot. Mrs. Jan and I were lucky enough to take a trip to Whistler a couple years back with LH and the lovely Mrs. LH and I found it to be terrific.

5. The Canadians - they're still just so Canadian, but to you, America Jr., I say 'merci.'

2 Comments:

Blogger BG said...

If I recall correctly, I said before the Olympic Winter Games (why isn't it the "Winter Olympic Games?") that the one event I wanted to see us medal in was Bobsled (or bobsleigh, as it's called in Olympic parlance). CHECK! And the driver is a chubby dude from Steamboat, CO! Even better! I quite enjoyed the nordic combined as well...those two dudes (demong and spillane) deserve huge props for the work they've put in. Apparently, our program was so bad a decade ago that the US team wasn't even allowed inside to wax our skis...they did it in the parking lot instead, because the organizers used to say "it won't matter anyway!" Take that, Scandinavia!

Oh, and again, I do need to commend Norway on their medal haul...pretty impressive for a country with $5MM residents. That's like the population of Minnesota.

March 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I did not watch much of the Olympics. I did watch some curling. As fun as it was to watch (the hot russian chick made it nice on the eyes too), any sport in which a pregnant woman participates can not really be a sport.

March 4, 2010 at 9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home