The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

January 3, 2010

Vikes v. Giants - Regular Season Finale

And with that, all is again right in the football world. Vikes beat down an uninterested Giants team, not a game that reverses a diseased 41-0 NFC Championship game but putting up 44 and rolling it up on the G-men felt good and continued to feed off the second half of last week's Bears game.

Game Balls -

1. 40 for 60 - that's right, the whole damn team. Favre went 316 yards and 4 tuddies and Sidney took another leap forward and Chad Greenway had an athletic interception and on and on and on, right? They played like a team and dominated.

With the win the Vikes finish 12-4. How good does that feel to say, right? Say it again, 12-4. A first round bye and right now the road goes through us or through New Orleans, I'll take that 6 days a week and twice on Sunday's. One week of watching games then we pick up where we left off.

2 Comments:

Blogger BG said...

That game ruled. I was in LA and I said to myself before the game: "Maybe we'll blow them out so I can leave on my drive to SF at halftime?" Lo and behold, I was on the road by the start of the 3rd. Amazing...we played flawlessly and the Giants helped our cause by essentially rolling over for us.

I was still nervous until I got the word that Dallas was leading Philly 17-0 at halftime. Wow. I figured the Eagles would put a bit more of a fight with the #2 seed on the line. All of a sudden, Dallas looks for real. This was a team I WANTED to face in the playoffs about a month ago. Now I am not so sure.

Oh - and it's not that I hate the fade. I guess I just hate the fade when you don't have a great QB and a tall, athletic, rangy receiver. Favre and Rice seem to run it to perfection.

BTW - thanks all for the texts on New Years Day. I was at the Outback bowl and it was pandemonium. Too bad my team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (after Auburn almost did the same on our behalf). Good times.

January 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM

 
Blogger LH said...

Now that's what I'm talking about. Nice way to end the season- offense was firing on multiple cylinders and defense looked a lot more stingy than I've seen in weeks. Problem being that it ws against a team that so clearly has given up, that it's difficult to tell how much of it was the Vikings dominating or the gants lying down.

12-4, that does feel pretty good.

One more game ball deserves to be given to the Cowboys...bye week and Dome field advantage at least until the NFC final, and quite possibly further as the Saints have fallen fast.

January 4, 2010 at 3:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home