The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

December 1, 2008

Vikes crush it. We're #1 (for now)


Let's relish the win over the Bears but realize what it was - a big win for a mediocre team that over the past 4 weeks has proven it can beat bad teams. Vikes now "control their own destiny" which is not necessarily a good thing (they controlled their own destiny last year too.)


I was in attendance for the game and wanted to share my thoughts:


1. Drunken fans? Check.


2. I did lose my cool BG-style in the first quarter. After the Bears took an early 7-0 lead a dude in an Urlacher jersey stood up and taunted everyone in our section (see picture at right even though you can't really make him out - couple rows down - the pic was taken after the game when he was jawing with some Vikings fans.) Anyway, as he was doing the 'how do you like me now' routine, I caught his eye and yelled "Sit down douchebag! It's the f'ing 1st quarter!" and I was quickly embarrassed that I did so.


3. Comment quickly on jerseys at the game - I love seeing all the names from Vikings past in purple. Best one last night was the Jake Reed jersey just because I hadn't seen one before. 98% of Bears fans wear "Urlacher" jerseys. It is lame but not as lame as the "Enis" jersey I saw.


4. The 10 year olds behind us were absolutely atrocious. After Gus got knocked down they were calling the ref a "fu%$ing fa**0t." Wow.


5. As for the game - that goal line stand was fun to watch but after Berrian's 99 yard tuddy I haven't jumped up and down like in a long time. The place was nuts.


6. Half time they retired Randle's number to the Vikings "Ring of Honor" - pretty cool. Unreal that this guy was not drafted and is tied for 5th in number of career sacks and his 137.5 career sacks is the most by a defensive tackle in NFL history. Remember this?


7. What can we say about AP? I think we should all agree to start to call him "Diesel" - it is what is tatooed on his arm and what his boys call him. Best jersey last night was a dude in his Sooners jersey but you really gotta be a Sooners fan and a Vikings fan to pull that one off.


Now on to the Lions. Here is your factoid of the day that should scare the poop out of you: "The Lions started 0-12 in 2001 and their 13th game was against Minnesota at home. They won, 27-24, and finished the season 2-14."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home