The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

June 5, 2012

Twins Beisbol Let's Feel It!

In an effort not to post over BG yesterday (by a minute, no less) I pulled the below but still thought it was worth reading.  So, get in your time machine and turn the dial back and try to remember where you were yesterday at 1:36pm and read the below -
 
Twins continue to hold off cellar dwelling just a little longer with another win (against KC).  Reading the Strib I came across this boobery -

"Justin Morneau’s two-run homer in the fifth inning gave him 10 homers and 29 RBI. His batting average is just .234, but when he lined out to Smith in the third inning, he absolutely scalded the ball."
- Joe Chirstensen, Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/157127895.html

 Great, he hit an out hard.

3 Comments:

Blogger BG said...

The problem with the recent Twins resurgence is that it may prevent Terry Ryan from pulling the trigger on trading a few guys and getting some young talent in return.

I would love to be a glass half full guy (hey - we're only 8.5 games out and the division is terrible), but this team is going nowhere with the starting pitching we're trotting out there every night. And yes, we still have the 3rd worst record in MLB (I believe). I wish we could play the Cubs for the rest of the year...

June 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

I bet nothing short of winning 30 in a row prevents Ryan from dealing. Souhan had a good article about who should stay (Willingham because he's legit, Mauer because he has to) and who should go (basically everyone else.)

June 11, 2012 at 7:02 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Gents, I have to admit I have no idea what is going on with the Twins. I started a new job and went from having a lot of time to follow non-work related things to absolutely none. It will also prohibit me from posting on here as much. It is a good thing though.

Also, as you guys alluded to years ago on here there are dangers to fantasy baseball. I have been playing in a league for two years now. When I get a chance to check scores, I am certainly not going to the Twins box score. Instead I see how my guys did. I am in first right now and needless to say I don't have any Twins on my roster.

Third, it took nine years, but I am finally starting to follow the Braves. It helps that they contend for a playoff spot every year.

I did watch a little bit of the Twins vs Cubs on Sunday. If they whipped off 10 wins in a row I would be back on the bandwagon, I dont deny it.

June 11, 2012 at 8:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home