The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

June 8, 2012

Star Wars Action Figures Cheer June Birthdays

Friday morning a group of Star Wars action figures shouted a collective "Hip hip hooray" for June birthdays on FTLOSBW. Yours truly along with RTS and BG will officially enter mark their 20th year out of high school (better than giving out our actual ages). Han, Leia, Ben, C3PO, R2D2 were joined by Hammerhead, a Sand Person, and an imperial Storm Trooper in the celebration. Hammerhead remarked "June is the most exciting month of the year for me because it's when I got married to Mrs. Hammerhead. Now I'm twice as excited for June what with all these birthdays! Happy birthday to the greatest of the great!" R2 added "beep boop!"

4 Comments:

Blogger BG said...

Awesome! I laughed out loud when I saw this (while waiting in line at the deli).

Happy b-day, Jan. RTS, I can't seem to recall the exact date, but happy happy in advance.

Also, Mrs. BG will hopefully be giving birth over the next week, which will add one of my offspring to the June b-day list.

June 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Happy Birthday to all Juners. BG congrats, we can use all the followers we can get.

That is actually a Snow Trooper from Empire Strikes Back. Jan are those actually yours? If so I am impressed that you still have the cape for the Tuskan Raider. I still have my figures. Every once in a while LRTS asks me to bring them up from the basement. I still have the Millennium Falcon, however it looks like it was stripped for parts and left on blocks.

June 11, 2012 at 8:37 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

Congrats and happy birthday to the both of you. Not to nitpick, but you actually just wound up your 20th year out of high school, seeing as you graduated in June of 1992. You're both still younger than me, though.

BG, give our best to DG and good luck to you both! Can't wait to hear about the new one and see some pics. CG must be pretty excited, too, I'm sure.

Re: Twins, saw some of the Cubs series on TV over the weekend, and it looked like minor league ball. Agreed with Jan, this team's going dealing at the deadline regardless of the late "success." The only trouble with Souhan's advice is that Willingham and Mauer are the only ones with much value to a team in a race. Everyone else will return some most comparable guy with a little higher upside who's still in AA.

June 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

These are mine, the guns and Ben'a light saber are long gone. I always called these Tuskan Raiders -Sand People, is that wrong? I mean I felt like I was using a racial slur but Sand People is just a name. I think yourr right on the storm trooper guy. Funny buy his right hand is black from me having apparently burned him. I used to make things pretty real when I played Star Wars. I was also a bit of a pyromaniac.

June 14, 2012 at 6:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home