The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

May 7, 2011

FTLOSBW Stadium and convention Center? That's got a Nice Ring. So, Who's In?

OK fellas, enough talk. It's time to put up. If Hennepin County wants to be a bunch of losers, than they should go to russia. I'm an American. I'm a winner. It's time to get our mean on FTLOSBW, and pony up. If we knock Jan's neighborhood down, we can put the stadium right there. That Turkey can still live there.

The Vikings are willing to put up 40%. Way to go Zygi. I think that's actually pretty good.

Between us, that means we only need (and I'm not a math guy) about another 60 billion dollars. So, I know some of you are business guys and some of you have worked for companies that have successfully disintegrated due to financial incompetence and sheer irresponsibility, even criminal negligence. So, what's the plan? Let's pony up and buy this thing. I'm getting sick of the naysaying. For those of you wondering how this is possible, I say "Get out of the can't do club, and join the can do club." For those of you who aren't, I say "Lies Make Baby Jesus Cry."

I'll start out - I've got a fifty dollar bill burning a hole in my pocket. Who's next?

RTS - sell some of your daughters signed Joe Mauer MVP cards and get on the train. She needs to learn to live with disappointment.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

We have stalled out with only 5 cards coming back. I do not think Nathan or Pavano are worth what they were before the season started. The Shiek is no longer a TWin. Cudy is Cuddy. Drew Butera may be on the rise though. All in all I think we need to look elsewhere. I do have Craig the shoeshine guy from one of the early season's of The Apprentice autograph. He used to be our shoeshine guy. That might fetch something.

May 9, 2011 at 7:28 AM

 
Blogger BG said...

I noticed that Minneapolis lobbed in a proposal today that would build a new Stadium on the site of the Dome and renovate Target Center as part of the process. Sounds like a dream scenario, which means I should probably go back to worrying about the LA Vikings becoming a reality.

Also, check out this very interesting article about Mauer and a potential position change.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/10429/mauer-position-change-becoming-inevitable

Bottom line of the article is that he's definitely a $23M/year catcher, but he's NOT a $23M/year 1st basemen or DH. Ugh...who knew that signing him to this monster deal would come back to cause headaches so soon (e.g. in the FIRST year). Oh wait...we did, because we're MN sports fans, and this is what the sports gods do to us!!

May 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM

 
Blogger MCA said...

By the way, the Twins are the worst team in MLB in both record and run differential right now. Feel the Joementum!

May 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home