The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

September 10, 2009

Gamblor week 2

I got my arse handed to me last week. I will not go into detail as I recaped the bad weekend in the comments section of the previous picks. One might ask how do you make your picks Gamblor? The answer is pure gut coupled with no research.

Week 2 picks (Mythical Bankroll $775):

$50 N'Western -20 vs E Mich. Is Eastern Michigan much better than Towson St? Probably not.

$25 W Mich +1 1/2 vs Indiana. I watched a little bit of the Indiana / Eastern Kentucky game, Indiana was not impressive. However I am not entrusting more than $25 of my mythical money with West Mich.

$50 Teaser (move it 6, double juice) Florida -30 vs Troy and PSU -22 1/2 vs Syracuse . I got burned last week on the big spreads, so this week I will tease them down and see if I have any luck.

$50 Duke +1 vs Army There was bowl talk before the year started for Duke. Betting they don't lose two they should win.

$25 NC -4 vs UConn. Lower money wagers and more games this week.

Other notes:

It is a much tougher week for the Big Ten. Notable games: OSU vs USC, Wisco vs Fresno, AF vs Minn, Iowa vs Iowa St (I would not touch this one with a ten foot pole ISU plays Iowa tough every year), Purdue vs Oregon and Michigan vs ND.

MCA said he likes Mich +3 1/2.

USC -6 1/2 I like USC but it seems like a suckers bet.

Nebraska -21 1/2 vs Arkansas St. You know I like the big spreads. Keeping an eye on this one as Iowa plays Ark St later in the year.

Oregon -12 vs Purdue Long travel and a late night game for Purdue. Oregon minus Blount, the punch throwing RB.

4 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

How is it possible to be this bad right now. -120 for the morning. The only game I have gotten right so far this season is Duke over Army. The bankroll is sitting at $655. I am quickly remembering why I do not do this for real, as losing money is not fun. Kind of panicing, time to try play hero or zero:

$100 on LSU -14 vs Vandy
$25 on Minn -3 vs Air Force

September 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Pushed LSU and won on Minn. Bankroll now at @ $670.

NFL action:

$50 Minn -4 @ Cle

I will probably be looking at some action on GB/Chi tonight.

Yes I know I am a loser.

September 13, 2009 at 7:56 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

RTS - Is the bankroll "mythical" or "real"?

September 14, 2009 at 10:24 AM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

It is mythical. I love betting college football, but I do not enjoy losing. The last year I bet football for real, I did the math and figured out that I was down the juice for the year. I have kept track of games I like since I stopped real betting, so I can see that I would not be the big winner I thought I would be.

Mythical banroll sitting at $720

September 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home