The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

July 28, 2009

Favre to Stay Retired - can we exhale now?

I have confess, I feel somewhat mixed emotions with this news. On one hand, I am totally relieved, for all of the reasons we have discussed in the past. On the other, I had sort assumed he would eventually play, and so I am mildly disappointed we won't witness what would have been great theater and a great side show.

In Sagaris we trust!! My biggest worry is that Chilly has now lost the locker room by essentially voting "no confidence" in our QBs (after so openly wanting a washed up, mediocre QB)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4362093

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

I need some time to digest this one and give my true emotions instead of some hot-head smart-ass remark that I am prone to do.

Initial thoughts: let the distraction continue to follow us throughout the season with "what-ifs". BG, dead-nuts on analysis; what is Chilly gonna say to Sage and TJac at this point?

July 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I suggest that we make this the final post about Farve. Let's just get it out of our system and never speak of the guy again.

I didn't want him. I never wanted him. However, it became such a forgone conclusion that he was going to play for the Vikes that I accepted it. Then, WHAMO! the f'n guy decides that he is not going to play. This guy is a media whore only equalled by the likes of Ann Coulter and the Octo-mom. I refuse to discuss these indviduals except to call them media whores and state that I will not play ball with there media attention grabs.

That is it. It is out of my system. I will not speak, read or listen to anything Brett Farve related.

When does the Mike Vick talk start?

July 29, 2009 at 7:41 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Octo-Favre? I like it.

July 29, 2009 at 8:02 AM

 
Blogger MCA said...

Dang, RTS beat me to the Vick punchline.

Incidentally, I'll wait to breathe easy until John David Booty is the one wearing No. 4 on the Vikings sideline on opening Sunday.

IMHO, Tarvaris and Sagenfels will be just fine. I've actually never really bought into the "this will wreck them as a vote of non-confidence" angle. They're big boys, they understand Favre is a HOF'er. They've got all of camp to compete with each other now and get their confidence blooming before the season starts.

I saw an ad the other night with Adrian Peterson running a practice wind sprint or something without a shirt on. Wow. He looked like a cartoon version of "fit athlete." I think his body fat measure is -2%.

July 29, 2009 at 10:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home