The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

December 9, 2008

Something I never thought I would say . . .

. . . I am watching a Timberwolves game right now. Let me correct that, it's on in the same room that I'm in but I'm occasionally looking over. .

This has to be the first game I've seen more than 35 seconds of since 2004.

I don't really care about the outcome, out of the Minny sports teams, I follow them less than the Wild (by a hair on Nordy's head) and more than Swarm (by a hair on Tami Krause's head.)

They're actually playing hard. It's almost NBA basketball. Lots of hustle, lots of energy for the new coach. Utah making a late 8-0 run to go up by 1 with 50 seconds left and the ball. Wolves battle back and Randy Foye hits 2 free throws with 7 seconds left to go up by 1 and in the process he may vindicate Kevn Love who missed 4 free throws with under 2 minutes left.

With a win maybe they take a step and enter the McHale-led "New Look Wolves" if they lose it's a heartbreaker and nothing really has changed. . .

. . . and Jefferson gives up the easy look for the loss.

See you in another 4 years, Timberwolves.

5 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

I got bored just reading that. That is not a knock on you Jan but on the NBA. The Swarm? What happened to the Lynx?

December 10, 2008 at 10:04 AM

 
Blogger MCA said...

I think the Swarm is a water polo team.

December 10, 2008 at 11:57 AM

 
Blogger LH said...

I got bored just reading that as well... but it had nothing to do with the NBA.

While I understand that this is going to sound like a broken record, we really shouldn't expect much out of the Wolves this year. While we can all argue the degree (total or near total) of ineptedness of the front office, it really hasn't been very long since trading away the "franchise" and thus, any hopes we had of competing. We're at least three seasons away from competign at a high level.. hopefully the team will look drastically different by then (front office as much as the players)

December 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM

 
Blogger LH said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM

 
Blogger BG said...

WW injunction extended today...and Chris Mortenson is saying these players will finish the regular season and play in the playoffs.

Now, we need to win one more game (at least) to make the playoffs, but I like it nonetheless.

December 11, 2008 at 5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home