The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

November 25, 2012

The Purple v. Bears: Pre-Game Report

With kickoff still 5 hours away, I must admit I feel like this one is going to be a close.  However, what has run through my monkey size brain is the image of Cutler screaming at Tice which I've taken as a good omen for us and by the time the Gjallarhorn sounds I see this as 28 - 24 Vikes.  Skol.


3 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Well, that sucked. Quite the butt-fucking. Well at the least the Packers lost.

BTW - no bounces went our way that game, just a note.

November 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

 
Blogger MCA said...

I'm back, y'all.

That game turned on the bullshit pass interference call on Winfield. The Bears are the better team and would likely have won, anyway. But if that had been called on Marshall, as it should have been, at worst they kick a field goal instead of get a touchdown, we don't feel the need to rush up the field to score before halftime because it's only 13-3, so no pick in the red zone from Ponder, and no 8 point TD as the half ends. Instead, it ended up 25-3 and over before the break.

On the plus side, it allowed me to go take the kids ice skating without worrying I was missing much of a game.

Interesting note I heard yesterday: remember that game where the league finally had to acquiesce to the referees union's contract demands because the replacements blew a call that directly changed the outcome of a game? Seahawks getting the win over the Packers on Monday night? Not that I'd complain, but if the season were to end today, those two teams would be tied for the second NFC Wild Card spot, and it would go to head-to-head tiebreaker, so Rodgers and co. would be staying home. I hope this is still the case in 5 weeks.

November 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Agree, that call was bullshit. like i said, we got NO bounces. No Percy is a killer.

November 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home