The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

July 23, 2012

Jason Kubel: Biding his Time Before He Chokes. Clever.

So, to continue to rub our face in Carl Pohlad's Ghost's shit, it looks like our former, occasionally healthy, outfielder is leading the NL in RBI. I'm happy for him.  But don't get too excited Diamond Back fans. You're not going anywhere, trust me.  And I know that because as soon as you start sniffing playoff panties you can take the K off Kubel's jersey and just put it on the scorecard.  I want to point out that he hit .069 in three playoff appearances.  In 2009 he struck out 9 times in 14 at bats.  Amazingly, it's hard to say if that was actually his worst performance, since 2010 rivaled it for sure, hitting a crisp .00000 (I added to the extra two zeroes for effect -- you can put them anywhere in that number and it won't change anything).  On the plus side, he only had two strikeouts that year in 8 at bats.  Mind you he walked 3 times, and i bet if you look it up they were on full counts, so those probably could have gone either way.   I'm still bitter at those horrifyingly bad games. But I do wish him luck, because i like him  But I don't forgive him.  Nope. And fuck you too, Joe Nathan. 

1 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

You probably don't want to look at Kyle Lohse's stats either. Those are absolutely mind boggling. I am pretty sure I have dyslexia and am mixing up some numbers but the way I read them are 10-2, 2.71 and era and a 1.10 whip.

July 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home