The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

January 26, 2012

Page 4 RTS Tix


Today's offering is a potpourri of tickets. Again kind of hard to read so here they are in order starting in the bottom left:

American Gladiators
Shedd Aquarium
Blue Man Group
Degas
Minnesota State Fair
Mud Racing and Hot Rod Truck Pull
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Fosse
Chicago
Blue Man Group

The gem here is the American Gladiator's ticket. Talk about a moment in time. The Blake Fun Club went to the event at the Target Center. It very well might have been organized by DTK. Zap, Nitro, Laser and the rest of the gladiators were all there. Someone in our group had a sign that read "I want Lace on my face." A local fireman won the Eliminator at the end.

If you notice the date on the tractor pull it is from 1984. I went to a couple of these things over the years. Big Foot and USA 1 were the big draws with their car crushing power. Truckasaurus of Simpson's fame was not present.

I am not sure if the State Fair ticket is from THE TRIP to the fair with Jan. I am guessing some cheese curds were eaten that day whenever it may have been.

These hodge podge tickets are what I am missing the most of as it does not always occur to me to save the stubs. I guess in my youth, tickets to the Gophers counted but tickets to the Guthrie or Children's Theater did not. Furthermore, I have no explanation why I saved the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame stub but failed to save the Football Hall of Fame one. For the record, we saw Chicago before there was a movie. I feel the need to point that out as the few art and theater tickets I have are as mainstream and mass marketed as one can get.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

RTS - my post from my phone the other day never posted, goddam FTLOSBW and it's sub-par IS support!

I would say that these tix take place an actual diary for you. Instead of "Dear Diary, I went to the Shedd Aquarium, there were a lot of fish. I hope to go back and work there one day" you can just look at your ticket stub and think all that stuff - lousy diaries are for girls while thinkin' stuff is for us guys.

Are we talking Degas as in Edgar Degas and his ballet dancers or are we talking Degas as in some obscure band no one has ever heard of that played hate rock?

January 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM

 
Blogger BG said...

RTS - this is a great dichotomy of tix. Tractor pull and Degas exhibit? Only in the midwest.

When you say "the trip" to the state fair, you mean..."the haunted house", correct?

February 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home