The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

January 5, 2012

Happy f'ing New Year! 5 days late

Yes, this is late but when does FTLOSBW ever do something on anyone else's clock? Never, that's when. So, some resolutions for our "flog" (a "flog" is my 2012 entry into Websters, it means "fraudulent blog" and defined as "a blog which has less than 10 people ever actually reading a post over the past 6 months let alone more than 5 unique users commenting on any one post.)

Resolution 1 - Have a good time, all the time.

Resolution 2 - Be funny.

Resolution 3 - Don't hate.

Happy 2012! Greatness to follow.

4 Comments:

Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Ah Mick Shrimpton, drummer and genius. I worked with a guy who supposedly* played bass for Billy Squire and he looked an awful lot like Mick.

I kind of have an issue with #3. Sure no one wants to be a hater as haters are pikers. However, isn't one of our core principals schadenfreude? Isn't that a form of hating? Are we saying it is okay to poke fun at people and events in a way that makes the world a better place, but we don't hate just to hate? I am alright with that as long as we are not talking about the Germans, because I hate a German as much as the next guy.**

*I say supposedly because I have never been able to find the guy on the World Wide Web. One would think that there would at least be some sort of reference to him. On the flip side who would lie about that? Or is what makes it such a good lie that it is playing and touring Billy Squire and not someone like David Bowie so it flies under the bullshit radar?

** I am German so I am allowed to say that, like Dave Chappelle and black jokes.

January 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

RTS, I know you this and are going to kick yourself when I say it but that was Viv Savage, Keyboardist.

Viv is an actual professional keyboardist - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RjIDuSIbM

You have a point on the schadenfreude. More don't hate just to hate. We will always hate the Packers, things like that are always OK.

January 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

Ahhhh...the light bulb goes on. I had originally typed keyboardist but when checking my facts it said Mick was the drummer. In short it was the name I had wrong not the instrument which ultimately lead me to a complete and colossal fuck up. I stand corrected.

January 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Two things that are defined as "complete and colossal fuck ups" -

1. Your error on the band members of Spinal tap.

2. The reason used for US to invade Iraq (part deux.)

January 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home