The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

November 7, 2011

Bill Smith - Farewell, Sir

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/baseball/mlb/11/07/twins.smith.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a13

Ryan back in place on interim basis. Looks like everything was handled with appropriate grace and Minnesota nice, which is gratifying. I have concerns about the next 5 years, and I guess there's no one I'd rather see addressing them than Terry Ryan. Interesting to note that this is the first time the franchise has fired a GM since moving from D.C.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Beat me to the punch - I was going to title it "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" or "Finally, some fucking accountability in this world." No where to go but up."

The Strib article outlines the following moves -

"Smith's decisions haven't turned out as well, trading Johan Santana, Matt Garza, J.J. Hardy and Delmon Young for little production in return."

Add to the list Nishioka.

November 7, 2011 at 9:07 PM

 
Blogger RedTigerShark said...

No hard feelings on this end, but I welcome the change. Trading Johan was the right move as injuries have plagued him since he left. However, we got so little in return for him. That needed to be the trade to restock the Twins. JJ Hardy was a stinger too. We gave up Gomez, the prize, using that term extremely lightly, of the Johan trade for him. Then we dumped him very quickly. The Garza trade I am not bitter about. Something was clearly wrong with his head in Minnesota and at the time we felt we had too many starting pitchers. Anyway, this move gives us something to be excited about.

On a completely different note I am giddy. I can't wait to show off what I won on eBay, a piece from my childhood (No Jan, it is not a Dungeons and Dragons set). My wife is going to hate it. I am just waiting for it to come in the mail. Will post as soon as it gets here.

November 8, 2011 at 9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home