The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

April 10, 2009

The Dose: Your Twins and You

Twinkies start 2 and 2. First impressions? Can I still not like Cuddy? I think so, one game does not a season make. Rotation issues? I don't think so, getting 8 out of Perkins and only giving up one run and not getting the win is tough but it's too early to go negative, right?

Off to Chicago for 3 starting tonight.

How great is it just to have baseball back?

One other note: the beard was taken down to a mustache for a few days (honestly, I can rock a 'stache.) Now back to clean shaven. I think this might be an annual thing, grow a beard to starting in January and don't shave until 'Spring.'

3 Comments:

Blogger MCA said...

One request: Pictures, please.

I figured 2-2 would be the record at this point. Never figured the games would go at all like they did, but the aggregate result doesn't surprise me too much. We're lucky to have snuck out the W in the second game; otherwise we'd have a bad feeling about the season at this point. Let's see what the weekend brings.

Update: miracle run for Bemidji State is over. Hopefully they can gain entrance to the WCHA. I imagine the mid-tier teams may be wary of them (UMD, St. Cloud, Wisconsin, Mankato especially) as they could make it harder on them both by stealing recruits and growing into another legit contender for 5th/6th/7th place or so. Michigan Tech and Anchorage are hopeless on that count, but they may also object to another team that will probably jump over them and leave them in an even deeper cellar. I would imagine the U is favorable, and Denver, CC and North Dakota probably don't care much - see them as interchangeable with Mankato and probably as easy W's.

April 10, 2009 at 12:32 PM

 
Blogger LH said...

how come this post was not accompanied by a link to a picture of you playing the flute with your stache?

I believe I speak for all the other members of the FTLOSBW when I say we need to see a picture with beard and stache ( I know you took some pictures)...please don't post a clean shave picture, none of us want to see that.

April 10, 2009 at 12:34 PM

 
Blogger BG said...

Pitching needs to settle...and Mauer needs to return. For some reason...Washburn strikes me as a guy who owns us, but I haven't looked at the stats (probably goes back to the ALDS vs. the Angels in 2002).

April 10, 2009 at 3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home