The blog formerly about a daily dose of mostly Minnesota sports rants and raves with a sprinkling of general sports commentary and a pinch of jaded-malaise regarding the world around us

November 26, 2007

"All Day" should stay "Day to Day"

Reports out of Winter Park indicate that the Vikings brain trust is looking to start Adrian Peterson against the Lion's if he makes it through a week of practice. The past two wins came with Taylor in the backfield filling in nicely for AP so my question is "What's the rush?" (note: pun intended.) I get it, we are in a playoff hunt (a lame one but we'll take what we can get.) You want your best players out on the field as soon as possible. Football is a game where guys have to play through stuff. If AP is cleared why not play him?

My feeling is that AP is going to be so amp'd to be back out on the field that he isn't going to feel his leg if he does get it hurt again. I'd take another week of him on the sidelines, getting him two weeks in practice to feel the flow of the game again and bring him back out when and if the Vikings beat the Lion's to make a run. Listen, we are a 5-6 team. We did just expose Eli Manning as a fraud but that had already been done before. Do we need to rush the Football Jesus back on the field so we can wrap up what I think will be at best a 8-8 season?

Knowing what I know, I'm going to say that the Vikes put AP out on the field for kickoffs this Sunday & give him 10 - 12 carries in the game. I, along with Vikingsland, will be holding my breath.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger BG said...

All Day should absolutely NOT play this week. I don't think we're going to the playoffs, but even if we are harboring hopes, I don't think we need AP to beat the Lions at home. Seriously. Rest him one more week...Chester has proven he can carry the load. Is he as dynamic? No, but I'll take 25 carries and 150 yards...save AP for the Niners and Bears.

Selfishly, I'd like some clarity for the fantasy team, and I am going to the Niner/Vikes game, so I'd love for that to be Purple Jesus' return to the field.

November 28, 2007 at 12:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home